Thursday, January 10, 2013

She likes to move it, move it.

Currently I'm at 24 weeks 5 days. At 21 weeks it was like a switch flipped and baby girl started kicking HARD, haha. I read that sometimes before the baby starts to really kick you can listen to her with a stethoscope. So, I borrowed one from my dad and that night when we went to bed I was listening and as if she felt her privacy being invaded she kicked the stethoscope head. I immediately took Trevor's hand and put it in that spot and he got to feel it for the first time :)

Since then she has been moving more and more each day. I notice she is much more active after I have eaten and when I'm still. At first she really only moved enough for me to feel her when I got in bed at night, but now it is throughout the whole day. This week and a little last week I've been able to see her move which has been really fun! She seems to wiggle and seesaw back and forth. She doesn't move slowly or softly, haha.

While I'm at it, we had a fantastic Christmas! We looked at lights, spent lots of time with family, visited family in Dallas and got some really fun and sweet gifts. It was a wonderful time, very busy, but wonderful still. Next year will look different and I can't wait! I finally took down our tree this last weekend. It was time. I always feel a little sad putting it all away but getting to clean my house the way I like and having that extra corner of our living room back feels pretty darn good.

2013 is here and it's going to be a big one for our little family. Bring it!

1 comment:

amy (metz) walker said...

Which part of Dallas does your family live? If that's private no biggie. Just curious!